To set your IAdea device to portrait mode for use with our software then there are a couple of settings you will need to apply both on the device and within your Signagelive network. The following guide will show you how to set your IAdea device in to Portrait mode:
Settings to make on the IAdea Device
- To begin please plugin a USB mouse to your device and whilst you do this the current content will continue to display as per normal.
- You will now be required to enter the settings area to configure the display orientation on the device, so please now click and hold your left mouse button in any of the four corners of the screen. Please click and hold the mouse button for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds the Basic Settings screen will appear and the first thing you'll need to do is click the Cancel AutoPlay button. If you do not press the Cancel button within 10 or so seconds the device will automatically return to the content screen.
- Please now click on the Advanced Option and then from the menu that appears, click on the Display/Sound option. Now from the Display/Sound option, please click the Display option.
- You will now be within the Display menu area and under the Device area, please click the Display option. You will now be presented with several options and from which you will need to click on Screen Orientation.
- From the Screen Orientation menu, you can now select the desired orientation of your device. For portrait, this will need to be either 90 or 270 degrees.
Settings to make within your Signagelive network
Now that you've applied portrait orientation on your Player, please now log in to your Signagelive network where the Player is registered and follow the below steps:
- From the top menu, please click on the Network menu and then from the drop-down click on Manage.
- You will now be in the Network Manager and will need to find your IAdea device and then double-click on this to open up the individual player information within your network.
- Once that is done, you will be viewing the individual player information and be presented with a series of additional tabs. Please click on the tab named System.
- Under the Hardware section, please click on the Edit button to allow for the appropriate fields to be allowed for editing.
- You will now need to change the Resolution X and Resolution Y options to be 1080 x 1920, or whatever your desired portrait style resolution. By default this will be in a landscape setting, so this is a crucial step of the process for you to undertake.
- Once you have made your selection, please now click on the Save button within the Hardware area and your changes will be saved.
Your IAdea device will now recognise it needs to be in Portrait mode and will update to this resolution on it's next content check.