As part of the the new LG webOS client (version 1.6 Build 240) released on the 3rd May 2016), we have added the ability for users to disable remote firmware updates within the application.
The benefit of this being added is that it puts you in control of whether you would like to automatically download any new firmware from Signagelive as and when we have tested newer firmware for your panels and we're happy this will cause no problems for you.
How to enable or disable remote firmware updates:
To be able to disable remote firmware updates on your LG webOS panel, you will need to:
- Power on your LG panel and allow the LG application to load.
- Please now press the blue button on your LG remote and the Signagelive Settings screen will load.
- On the Settings screen there are several options. The one you will need to use is the Remote Firmware Updates tick box.
- If the option is set as ticked then Remote Firmware Updates will be enabled, if unticked then it will be disabled for you. Please set this on your panel as per your preference.
- To save your changes, please now click the Save button and you will return to the application playing your content.