As part of the the new Signagelive client (version 2.93 released on 11th April 2016) for the Samsung Smart Signage Platform we have added the ability for users to disable remote firmware updates within the application.
The benefit of this being added is that it puts you in control of whether you would like to automatically download any new firmware from Signagelive as and when we have tested newer firmware for your panels and we're happy this will cause no problems for you.
How to enable or disable remote firmware updates:
To be able to disable remote firmware updates on your Samsung panel, you will need to:
- Power on your panel and allow the Signagelive application to load.
- Please now press the red button on your Samsung remote and the Signagelive Settings screen will load.
- On the Settings screen there are several options. The one you will need to use is the Remote Firmware Updates tick box.
- If the option is set as ticked then Remote Firmware Updates will be enabled, if unticked then it will be disabled for you. Please set this on your panel as per your preference.
- To save your changes, please now click the Save button and you will return to the application playing your content.