The following article will show you how to install Signagelive for Chrome as a Kiosk application on your ChromeOS device and take you through you the steps required from initial set up to completion of having Signagelive installed.
Wiping your Device
To begin this process we always strongly recommend that you wipe your ChromeOS device prior to installing the Signagelive Kiosk application.
Configure your Device
Take a look at this overview video to learn more about installing Signagelive on your Chrome device as a Kiosk Application:
Now that your device has been freshly wiped it will begin to go through the device installation again, so let's take you through the process you would expect at this stage:
- As your Chrome device now runs through the installation the first option you will have is the Welcome screen where you will be required to set your Language, Keyboard and Network settings. Once you have made these settings as per your choice, please click the Continue button.
- After clicking Continue on the Settings screen you will now be given the opportunity to work through the Google Chrome OS Terms. Once you are happy and have read through these, please proceed by clicking on the Accept and Continue button.
IMPORTANT: You will now be prompted to login to your Google Account for the first time but at this point, it's important to configure your Kiosk Mode by pressing CTRL+ALT+K and not select to login. If you do login then the CTRL+ALT+K option will not be available to use again unless you wipe the Chrome device and start from the beginning.
- After pressing the CTRL+ALT+K keys on your keyboard, you will now be presented with the Automatic Kiosk Mode window. Please now select the OK button in the dialogue box to allow your device to run kiosk capable applications.
- The Kiosk Applications mode will now confirm it has been enabled and you will be taken back to the original Sign in screen. You can login to your account as required to gain access to the Chrome device. If you do not have an existing Google account then please create a new one for this process.
Set Signagelive to Auto-Start
You will now be logged in to your Chrome device and have already enabled the Kiosk Applications mode on the device, so now you will need to configure Signagelive to auto-launch whenever your Chrome device powers on. The following steps will show you how you can set this up on your device:
- Please begin by opening up a new tab within the Chrome browser and then type chrome://extensions in the address bar to bring up the Extensions area. Once you have entered the URL you will need to click Enter to load the relevant settings.
- After loading the Extensions area you will be required to tick the Developer Mode option and then, once ticked, you will be presented with a Manage Kiosk Applications button which you must now click.
- You will now be presented with the Manage Kiosk Applications window and will be required to copy and paste the following Application ID in the Add Kiosk Application area: hbfbekdejbpmnpilhdnfokjehnianfeb
- Once you have added the Application ID, you can now click Add and you will notice that the Signagelive application will now be shown in the list.
- To set this newly added Signagelive application to auto-launch whenever the Chrome device is powered on, please now hover your cursor over the added application and then click the Set to Auto Launch button that will automatically appear.
- Once you have clicked the Signagelive application to auto-launch you will now see a confirmation that it is now set as the Auto-Launched status within the Manage Kiosk Applications window. You can click Finished to finish this stage of the process.
- Please now restart your device and allow it to auto-launch the Signagelive application within the Kiosk Mode you've configured for the first time.
Launch Signagelive in Kiosk Mode
Now that you have successfully set Signagelive to launch automatically within the Kiosk Mode on your Chrome device when you first power on the device and let it run then you will be presented with the following confirmation:
When presented with this screenshot please now click the OK button to allow the auto-launch permission of Signagelive and now you've successfully configured everything and just need to begin setting up Signagelive and activating your licence.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.
How can I find out more about Signagelive on Google Chrome devices?