The following guide lists the steps required to update the date, time or timezone on your BrightSign device.
To achieve this, you will require a Micro SD Card and reader along with the script package, downloadable here.
To manually set the time/ date, please follow these instructions:
- Download this script.
- Open the SetDateAndTime.txt file in notepad.
- Specify the time and time zone for the player. The script is set to 1920x1080x60p video mode. If your screen doesn't support this resolution, change the video mode in the script (line 6). This FAQ lists all supported resolutions.
- Save the changes.
- Copy the config files onto a blank SD card. The files must be copied to the root directory of SD card, not in a folder.
- Insert the SD card in the unit and power up the unit.
- Leave the unit powered on for 4 hours, until it shows the correct time so that supercap that maintains the time can charge.
How can I get further support?
If you have any additional questions about changing the configuration of your BrightSign Player, please consult the BrightSign Knowledge Base, or speak with our Support Team.