The following guide will show you how to install and configure the Signagelive Corporate Communications Edition software on your desired hardware player. Please take a moment to go through all of the below sections you will become familiar with how this edition works and how to configure this version properly on your hardware player.
How does the Corporate Communications Edition work?
Offering similar functionality to the signagelive Screensaver Edition, the signagelive Corporate Communications Edition will provide a “you’ve got media” task bar notification on a Windows PC, alerting the user that a new piece of media or playlist has been sent to them to be viewed. All user interaction is tracked and logged on the Signagelive servers so you know exactly who has viewed your media content.
How to install the Signagelive Corporate Communications Edition?
When you have selected to use and have downloaded the Signagelive Corporate Communications Edition software on to your player, you are now ready to go through the set up process wizard. The setup wizard consists of several steps to ensuring your hardware player is successfully configured and ready for you to register your licence and begin deploying content as soon as possible.
To begin install the Corporate Communications Edition you will need to carry out the following steps:
- To begin you will need to download the latest version of the Signagelive Corporate Communications Edition. It can be downloaded from your Downloads area on your network, but here's a direct link for you to use as well - Get Corporate Communications Edition.
- Once downloaded, please ensure you extract the setup file from the signagelive_setup_desktop_edition.zip file and select Extract Here. This will ensure the signagelive_setup_desktop_edition.exe that will be extracted is placed in the same folder you downloaded the original zip to.
- Once you've extracted the setup file, you will now be ready to run the setup file you have downloaded from your signagelive network, or if you are new user, through the free 30 day trial process. To run the setup file and launch the Signagelive Setup Wizard, simply double click the signagelive_setup_desktop_edition.exe file, or right click it and select Open.
- When the Setup Wizard opens, you will first receive a window that welcomes you to the Signagelive setup and it will prompt you through the process with a series of instructions that you can follow.
- On the first couple of prompts shown, you are welcomed to the software and then on the second screen you are asked where you would like to install Signagelive on your device. A default location is already added, so if you don't wish to change anything then simply click Next on this screen. If you would however like to change the location, please click on the Browse button and select the area you'd like to install our software.
- On the third prompt of the wizard you are shown where the setup will place the Signagelive program's shortcuts. You can of course change this information with the Browse button, however a default location is already added for you and you can click Next when you are ready to proceed.
- On the fourth prompt of the wizard you are given an overview of where Signagelive will be installed on your device. If you are happy to proceed then please click on the Install button, however if you are not, then click Back to go to previous screens to change this information.
- After clicking the Install button, on the fifth prompt of the wizard you will be shown the software being installed on your device. You will be shown a progress bar of the files being added and once complete you will be automatically shown the final prompt of the setup process.
- On the last prompt of the setup process, you will be able to now automatically launch the Signagelive straight away if you choose to do so. To complete the setup process all you now need to do is click the Finish button and you are finished installing the software to your device.
After clicking the Finish button the set up wizard will close and you'll shortly be shown a Signagelive graphic which will be quickly followed by the Signagelive Configuration Wizard where you can begin to register your device to an available licence.
Congratulations you've just installed the Signagelive Corporate Communications Edition.
Receiving “New Content” updates to your Corporate Communication Player.
With the Corporate Communication Edition software whenever you receive new media deployments to your registered player you will receive a pop-up message alert, which will appear at the bottom right of your screen. The window will pop-up for several seconds and say Signagelive New Media and will allow you to view the content or close the alert window.