When you are ready to add a Localised Playlist to your content so that your designated Local Users can make content amendments, then you will need to login to your signagelive account with an Administrator level. Please find below the steps you will need to follow to set up your first Localised Playlist:
Watch a video about adding Localised Playlists
- The first stage of this feature will be to login to your signagelive account at https://login.signagelive.com.
- When logged in you will need to navigate to your Playlist Creator by firstly clicking on the Content menu, then selecting Playlists and then Create/Edit.
- You can now begin to create your playlist by adding some standard content to your playlist timeline from the Asset Library. You do not have to necessarily add standard content, but this is to highlight the fundamentals of this particular feature.
- In our example you will see two image assets have been added. You can now add a Localised Playlist asset to your timeline to act as the playlist your Local Users will be able to amend only. You will be able to locate this particular asset by clicking on the Control Assets folder within the Smart Folders section on the left hand menu of your Playlist Creator.
- Now that you have located the Localised Playlist asset, you can now drag and drop this onto anywhere on your playlist timeline with the other media assets. You can also right click the Localised Playlist asset and select Add to Playlist from the menu if you prefer to use this method of adding items to your timeline.
- At the point of adding the Localised Playlist asset to your timeline you will be presented with a Configure Localised Playlist window with a series of configuration settings that you will need to work through:
Now that you know what your hardware player can achieve, you will also need to ensure your player has the following software installed.
- Name - This will be the name of the Localised Playlist you are going to add to your playlist. When saved the playlist will act as a normal playlist and so the name will need to be easy to remember.
- Create a Playlist per Player - With this element you can specify whether you would like this Localised Playlist to be generated for each Player you select later on in the Configure Localised Playlist window. If you do not specify specific Players and leave this blank then an individual Localised Playlist will be generated on your network for all of the players currently registered.
- Maximum Number of Assets - With this element you can determine the max number of assets that you would like your Local Users to be able to add to their Localised Playlist. A Local User will not be able to exceed the total you specify and ,if they do so, will receive a warning message regarding this.
- Playback Mode – The Playback Mode option gives you the chance to specify how you would like your playlist to run. If you select Play All Assets then the playlist will play any assets in both the main timeline and also the localised playlist in a one-by-one fashion. If you select Play Next Asset then the main timeline will play all of its assets in order and then play one asset item from the localised playlist at a time before moving to the next main timeline asset.
- Playback Duration – Allows you to set whether you would like the Localised Playlist assets to Play to Length or Play to Set Duration. With this feature you can determine how the assets will play for your Local User.
- Play Order – The Play Order feature allows you to set how you would like your Localised Playlist assets to play; the options available are: Normal, Random, Reverse and Play Top X Items. With this setting you can use the relevant setting to show assets in different orders and show only the top items of a feed. If you do select Play Top X Items then a new section will appear allowing to specify the total of top asset items that you would like to be shown in your Localised Playlist.
Selecting Players from the Configure Localised Playlist window
When you have worked through the settings on the Configure Localised window you can begin to designate which players on your signagelive network will be given access to this Localised Playlist. To achieve this you need to carry out the following steps:
- Within the Configure Localised Playlist window click on the blue Select Players button.
- You will now be presented with the Select Players window and will firstly need to click on the Search button to return a list of players on your network, or if you have a search term or saved search then you can use this to return your player results.
- When you have clicked the Search button you will find all of your registered players will be loaded into the Search Results column.When ready you will now need to drag and drop all of the players you would like to give the selected Local User access to. You can do this by simply clicking on the players and dragging them across to the Selected Players area.
- When you have clicked the Search button you will find all of your registered players will be loaded into the Search Results column.
- When ready you will now need to drag and drop all of the players you would like to give the selected Local User access to. You can do this by simply clicking on the players and dragging them across to the Selected Players area.
- If you would like to select multiple players so that they could be moved to the Selected Players area on mass then all you need to do is hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard whilst clicking the players in the Search Results list.
- When you have added the relevant players that the localised playlist can be used on, you can now save your selection by pressing the green OK button. You can cancel your choices at any stage by pressing the red Clear button on the bottom of the window.
- You will now be back at the Configure Localised Playlist window and should now have completed the set up of your Localised Playlist asset. You can now click on the green OK button when you are happy to proceed.
When you have clicked the OK button to finalise your Localised Playlist it will be added to your timeline and you can save your playlist as you would normally by clicking the Save Playlist button and entering a name.