Within the Layout Designer you can also specify which screen resolution you would like to use and by making this change your design preview will change accordingly. Although signagelive will always expand to the size of the screen, we recommend you set your layout resolution to match that of the screens you are deploying to. To achieve changing your layout resolution you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Click on the Layout Design tab and navigate to the Resolution section on the toolbar.
- Within this area, click on the available drop-down box and you will see a list of available resolutions.
If you are unable to locate your desired setting then you can add your own custom resolutions and these will be added to your network for future use within the layout designer. To add your own custom resolution to the drop-down list you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Click on the Custom button within the Resolution area on the toolbar.
- You will be presented with a “Enter the Height and Width of your Resolution” window.
- Within the available fields, please enter your desired Width and Height details in pixels.
- When you have added your Width and Height, you can click on the OK button.
- Your custom resolution will now be added to the available resolutions and your preview will automatically update to begin using the resolution that you have just added to the designer.