How do I Publish full screen content to show as the result of a trigger?
A Web Trigger can be used to trigger a change of contents. You will firstly need to have a form of trigger in place, once created, you can then publish a Playlist which will only show once this trigger is received.
You can learn more about Web Triggers here.
Watch this short video to learn more about how you can publish a Playlist that will only show as the result of a trigger:
Follow these steps to publish your Playlist to show as the result of a trigger:
- Login to your Signagelive Network as a User or Administrator
- Select Content
- Select Publish
- Select ‘As the result of a trigger’
- Select the ‘ Key Press’ Start trigger method
- Select one of the key press commands from the ‘Select Key Press’ menu
- You can choose any alphanumeric key press (A-Z or 1-0) as well as any Num Pad key press (Num Pad 0-9) or a GPIO (number Up or Down) command. These should reference the same key presses used on your Web Triggers
- Select ‘Stop Trigger’
- Leaving this set to ‘None’ will play the triggered content (using duration settings below) before returning to the holding content
- Using the ‘Key Press’ method will continue to show the activated Web Trigger until the associated Stop Key Press is used to return to the holding content
- If using ‘Key Press’ as the stop method, continue to choose the required Key Press
- Select Duration
- ‘Play to the duration of the chosen content’ will play the content in its entirety before returning to the holding content
- ‘Play for a configured duration’ allows you to set a duration that the triggered content will be displayed for before returning to the holding content
- If using a SMIL Player, you can tick the ‘On Interrupt, resume previous position [SMIL only]’ option which will return to the same point of content as when the trigger began, once triggered content ends
- Select ‘What do you want to publish?’
- Select ‘Playlist’
- Choose which Playlist you would like to show once triggered
- You can use the search bar and folders and Smart folders here to easily access your Playlists
- Select ‘Which Players do you wish to publish to’
- Press ‘Select Players’
- Select one or more Players to publish this Playlist to
- You can use the search bar and folders and Smart folders here to easily access your Players
- Select OK
- You will see the Players being checked for compatibility before being shown with any notifications (if any)
- When you are happy that your content can be published to the selected Players, press ‘Publish’
- You will be shown a summary of your publication, again, press ‘Publish’ when you are happy to proceed
You will be notified that your content has now been published to Signagelive and when the Player performs this Content Check, it will recognise it has content to download and once downloaded, will store (offline) the Playlist and its schedule.
Please Note: You can edit or change the current Playlist you have just published whilst still within the Publisher, however, once you move to a different area of Signagelive, you will need to restart the process.