The Signagelive Synchronisation feature now works across the Samsung SSP E and F (Tizen) range of Displays. Please use the following article as a guide to correctly configure synchronised content across your displays.
Watch an overview of Sync Groups:
What can I synchronise with this feature?
Before beginning to use the Samsung SSP synchronise feature on your panels its important to note that it is currently only possible to synchronise fullscreen videos on the Samsung E or F (Tizen) Range panels with the latest supported firmware version. It is possible to synchronise up to a maximum of 50 Samsung SSP panels within a Sync Group.
How would I set up a Sync Group?
In terms of synchronisation, the feature you are looking for within your Signagelive network is the Sync Group function. Whether you've ever configured a sync group with Signagelive on a Windows PC or not, we can confirm there's nothing different about configuring a sync group than already documented in this article.
Please a take a few moments to read through the How to create your first Sync Group article and if you have any questions then please just ask our Support Team.
What are the Network requirements I must adhere to?
When setting up Samsung Smart Signage Platform synchronisation you must adhere to the following network requirements for the functionality to work properly:
- Ensure you are not blocking UDP multicast packets between screens.
- Ensure that UDP packet loss is minimal (Wired LAN only).
- Ensure that your Local Area Network has low latency (not slower than normal).
What Network Environment requirements must I have?
You must also adhere to the following network environment for the functionality to work properly:
- Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 Switching Hub
- IGMP(v2) snooping Support (review multicast settings of L2 switch manufacturer)
- LAN Cabling (Maximum Length 100 meters)=> Cat.6
- 2Port Up-Link<PIM, PIM-SM> (optional) => Consider expansion in future.
- Router (optional)