Another frequent question that the signagelive Support Team is asked relates to how a user can specify which monitor our software will run on. If a user has a series of monitors connected to their individual hardware player they may only desire signagelive to appear on a single display while the other screens show different content.
Here’s how you do it…
First of all you will need to check that your hardware player has identified a series of monitors have been connected. The method that you can check this may differ dependant on what particular operating system you are using, but here are some examples:
- Firstly click on the Start button and then navigate to the Control Panel.
- Within the Control Panel you will need to click on Display.
- When you have selected Display, you will need to then click on the Settings tab.
On the Settings tab you will be able to see all monitors that are currently connected and each one will be identified with a number. When you are at this stage it is beneficial to now identify which of these numbered monitors is the individual monitor you are wishing to show Signagelive on.
Now you have identified which monitor you wish to show signagelive on, you can close the Display Properties window and carry out the following steps:
- Click on the Start button and then click the Run command.
- Within the Run command area please type regedit and this will take you into the Windows Registry.
- Within the Registry, please navigate to the following: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Remote Media\Media Player
- When you have gone to the key you will find a key named MonitorNumber on the right hand side.
- You will need to double-click your mouse on this key and edit the value data as follows below:
- Monitor 1 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 0.
- Monitor 2 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 1.
- Monitor 3 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 2.
- Monitor 4 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 3.
- Monitor 5 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 4.
- Monitor 6 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 5.
- Monitor 7 - the value data for MonitorNumber should be 6.
When you have changed the MonitorNumber registry key to be the relevant number as shown above you can then close the Windows registry and relaunch the Signagelive software. When the software now launches it will play on the designated monitor number.