This article should be used as a guide to assist you with setting up your Samsung Tizen F, H, J, N, and R Series displays to work with Signagelive.
The instructions will take you through installing and configuring Signagelive from the displays out of the box state. If you have any issues during the process, please speak with our Support or Sales team for further advice.
Requirements before you begin:
To configure your display, you will need a Samsung Tizen SSP F, H, J, N, and R Series panel, for a full list of supported models, please read this article.
You will require the following in order to complete the setup:
- Remote control
- Connected USB Keyboard (optional)
- Connection to either a wired or wireless network.
How do I install Signagelive on my Samsung Tizen display?
Important NoteWe recommend that you make sure your Samsung Tizen display is using the latest available Firmware before installing Signagelive. You can learn more about this in this Help Centre article
This video gives a complete overview of the installation process:
Text instructions for the installation and configuration of your Samsung F, H, J, N, and R Series (Tizen) display can be found below:
- Power on your Tizen display
- Select the Language in which to proceed (press OK to continue)
- Choose the Display Orientation (leave as landscape and press OK to continue)
- Disable Auto Power Off mode (press OK to continue)
- Confirm Network Access, or configure wireless network (press OK to continue)
- Set Display Local Date and Time (press OK to continue)
- Select URL Launcher* (press OK to continue)
- Enter or choose a display name (press OK to continue)
- Press the Home / Content button on the remote control
- Select URL Launcher Settings
- Select Install Web App
- Enter Signagelive Player URL (http://clients.signagelive.com/samsungsoc/latest/v4) (select OK to continue) (Note: the 'h' in http needs to be lower case)
- Select URL Launcher*
- Within Signagelive config menu, set Timezone of display (press down arrow on remote to continue)
- Select Display Rotation, if any (press down arrow on remote to continue)
- Select Video Rotation, if any (press down arrow on remote to continue)
- Activate Remote Firmware Updates (press down arrow on remote to continue)
- Save settings
- Finally, in the OSD section in the main menu: Set the Screen Auto Protection to 'Off'
* If you don't see the URL launcher then your display may be set up to run MagicInfo by default. Please see this guide to resolve this.
Please NoteIf you're planning to use your Tizen in a portrait orientation then you can use our Portrait App to display your content by entering the following URL on Step 12 above http://clients.signagelive.
Your player will now launch and after downloading its content, will show the Signagelive activation code. This should then be activated on your Signagelive Network using one of your active licences and when the player next successfully performs its content check, you’ll see the green tick appear to let you know the display has been successfully connected to Signagelive.
For further information on Activating your player, please see this corresponding article.