What is a Playlist Media Asset Action?
Playlist Media Asset Actions give you the ability to use assets to call out to an external URL at the start of each piece of media.
Where would I use this feature?
- Playlist Media Asset Actions allow you to dynamically affect other parts of the environment dependant on the media playing on the screen.
- Playlist Media Asset Actions will allow you to dynamically update NFC tags to show content relevant to the current media being played on the screen.
- Playlist Media Asset Actions will allow you to affect the audio or lighting dependent on the media being played, with the assistance of a custom API.
Watch how to use this feature:
Adding Media Asset Actions to a Playlist
To add an Action to any Asset within a Playlist, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Signagelive Network as an Administrator or User
- Select Content
- Select Playlist
- Select Create / Edit
- Create a new Playlist or open an existing Playlist
- Double click any Playlist Media Asset (asset within your Playlist) to open its properties
- Select Actions
- Select from the following options:
- None - no action is set
- Call URL Action - By setting this option you can use your selected asset to call out to an external webpage at the start of the selected asset being played.
- Write Data To File Action - By setting this option you can use your selected asset to potentially affect other parts of the environment or update data depending on the asset being played at the time.
- Save Playlist
How can I find out more?
You can learn more about each Player's functionality by visiting the ‘Our Media Player’ section of the Help Centre. If you need any further help with Playlist Media Asset Actions or anything else, you can speak with the Signagelive Support team via Live Chat or email support@Signagelive.com