How can I show Live TV on my display?
There are multiple ways in which this can be achieved, see below for examples of each:
- Capture Card - If your Player supports ‘HDMI in’ (or another external source input) or Picture in Picture (PiP) as you may also hear it referred to, you will be able to use the Capture Card feature within Signagelive to show any Live TV content on your displays.
- IPTV - You may have or plan to have an IPTV solution working in line with your digital signage. You can then embed the IPTV’s published URL within Signagelive and use this within a Playlist of content either full screen or within a Layout.
- Streamed Content - There are many sources of streamed content, or you may publish your own online streams. These can also be used within Signagelive by simply using the published stream's URL to add as an asset within a Playlist. We also have a YouTube Widget that allows you to show any streamed content from Youtube within your Playlist content easily.
How can I use an external source within a Playlist?
Again, there are multiple ways in which to achieve this. See the below list of methods and linked instructions:
- Capture Card - If you wish to use an external media source (SKY tv input, via HDMI for example) within your content, you should use the Capture Card asset within a Playlist.
- Streaming web content - Firstly, you should check your chosen Players support, listed in the Our Media Players section of the Help Centre, and then you can simply upload any streaming web content as an Asset within the Playlist Creator. See this article for further details.
- Signagelive’s YouTube Widget - This allows you to show any YouTube based content, within a Playlist, easily. You can learn more about this, here.
There are many legalities involved with any external content, however, so be sure to have looked into the rights required before showing external content on your Players through Signagelive.
How can I find out more?
You can find out more about each Player's capabilities with the Our Media Players section of the Signagelive Help Centre or by discussing with the Support Team via Live Chat or emailing email@example.com