This article explains how to uninstall Signagelive for Chrome OS Players. Once Signagelive has been removed from the device all locally stored settings and media will be removed from it. If Signagelive was installed in kiosk mode then the Chrome OS Player will no longer auto-start Signagelive and will instead boot up into the operating system when powered on.
If you would like to reinstall Signagelive at a later time then you can by following the installation instructions shown in this Help Centre section. You will need to deactivate your Signagelive licence so that it can be activated against the new Signagelive installation.
Please NoteIf you are managing your Chrome Device/s through the Chrome Device Management console then the guides below do not apply, and you can simply remove Signagelive as an application with the CDM console by changing the settings for your selected groups.
Uninstalling Signagelive for Chrome OS Players running in kiosk mode
Uninstalling Signagelive for Chrome OS running in kiosk mode on an unmanaged device
In order to uninstall Signagelive for Chrome OS Players running kiosk mode on an unmanaged device:
- Please begin by plugging in a keyboard and mouse into the Chrome machine and power the device on.
- After a few seconds, the device will start to initialise Signagelive. Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+S whilst the Chrome logo is on-screen to stop the device from loading Signagelive and force it to load Chrome OS instead.
- Log on to the device with a valid Google account.
- Open up a new browser tab in Chrome and input chrome://extensions in the address bar and press Enter.
- Click on Manage kiosk applications to open the Manage Kiosk Applications dialogue window.
- Hover over Signagelive with your mouse and click the X to remove it. Note that there is no confirmation for this.
- Close the dialogue box.
Uninstalling Signagelive for Chrome OS running in kiosk mode on a managed device
For managed Chromebooks and Chromeboxes, it is possible to remove Signagelive and disable Single-App Kiosk mode using the Google Admin console. Detailed instructions about the process can be found here.
Uninstalling Signagelive for Chrome OS running as a packaged app
Uninstalling on an unmanaged device:
To remove Signagelive for Chrome OS running as a packaged app on an unmanaged device:
- From the desktop, please click on the Apps menu and then locate the Signagelive application.
- Please now right click the Signagelive application icon and a menu will appear.
- Within the menu will be an Uninstall option, please click this option to complete the uninstall process.
Uninstalling on a managed device:
For managed Chromebooks and Chromeboxes it is possible to remove applications using the Google Admin console. Detailed instructions about the process can be found here.