As part of the new Signagelive client (version 2.93 released on 11th April 2016) for the Samsung Smart Signage Platform, we have added the ability for users to disable remote firmware updates within the application.
The benefit of this being added is that it puts you in control of whether you would like to automatically download any new firmware from Signagelive as and when we have tested newer firmware for your panels and we're happy this will cause no problems for you.
How to enable or disable remote firmware updates:
To be able to disable remote firmware updates on your Samsung panel, you will need to:
- Power on your panel and allow the Signagelive application to load.
- Please now press the red button on your Samsung remote and the Signagelive Settings screen will load.
- On the Settings screen there are several options. Please tick the Remote Firmware Updates box.
- If the option is set as ticked then Remote Firmware Updates will be enabled, if unticked then it will be disabled for you. Please set this on your panel as per your preference.
- To save your changes, please now click the Save button and you will return to the application playing your content.
How to manually upgrade your Samsung SSP display Firmware - Tizen
As a Samsung Smart Signage Platform user, you may occasionally have to check and upgrade the firmware on your F range panel to allow new features or resolve bugs. Here are the instructions for manually upgrading your current firmware version.
We advise that you change the input/ source before proceeding, rather than use the URL Launcher
- Download the latest Tizen firmware as per the links below:
- Extract the archive and copy the extracted folder to the root directory of a removable USB drive
- Rename the folder to 'T-HKMLAKUC'
- Insert the USB drive into the Tizen screen
- Press 'Menu' on the remote control
- Browse to the Support menu and then select 'Software Update'
- When asked if you would like to check for updates on USB storage select 'Yes'
- Confirm that you would like to continue with the firmware installation
- After installation, the panel will turn itself off
- Wait a few seconds, turn the panel back on and check that the firmware was updated successfully by checking the firmware version reported in the Support menu
How can I find out more?
You can find answers to most questions within the Signagelive for Samsung SSP section of the Help Centre and you can speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing email@example.com with any questions.