What is a Network Queue?
Your Network Queues show all content in the process of being published to Signagelive. This is the first step of the Publish process. When you either publish new content or amend some already published content, that content will then be sent to Signagelive where it will be stored, before the Player downloads the content following its Content Check.
When the content is being uploaded to Signagelive, you will be able to monitor its progress in the Reports - Queues section.
To access these reports, you should follow these simple steps:
- Login to your Signagelive account as an Administrator, User or Read Only User
- Select Reports
- Select Queues
What Reports are available?
You can choose to see reports for the following:
- My Queue - This will show all the currently uploading content that you (the currently logged in User) is publishing
- Network Queue - This will show all content being published across your Network, by all Users
You will also see within each Queue, the following:
- Publish Queue - This shows all newly published contents in their uploading state. If you have published a new Playlist, Layout or Interrupt, it will be listed under the Publish Queue
- Playlist Refinement Queue - This will show any Playlist that has been amended/ saved that has been previously deployed. If, for instance, you have Published a Playlist, either full screen or within a Layout, you do not have to repeat the Publish process each time you make a change, as Signagelive understands that content is already published and as such, will only push the new changes made to the content instead of having to force a complete download of all contents, again.
What happens if my content doesn’t Publish?
You may find that occasionally, content is shown as not published in your queues. There could be a number of reasons for this, such as insufficient Player storage, network errors or unsupported contents.
The steps we advise to publish any contents you see have failed are:
- Try removing some of the old scheduled content from your Player, visit the Content and Screen On/ Off tab within the Player Manager (Network - Manage) to see all of your listed, published content
- Try re-saving any published content, for example, if you have published a Playlist or Layout, go to those contents and save them, sometimes this is all it takes to ‘refine’ the contents and complete the publication
How can I find out more?
For more information about Users, Roles and how to configure each, check out our Managing - Reports Help Centre section or speak with the support team via live chat or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).