A question we are frequently asked relates to how a user can switch their content being displayed to meet one of the following methods:
- Switch from showing a full screen playlist to a layout schedule
- Switch from showing a layout to a full screen playlist
- Switch from showing a full screen playlist to show another full screen playlist
- Switch from showing a layout to another layout
Here’s how you do it…
When wanting to automatically change the schedule being displayed on your Signagelive Player, the feature you will need to use is named Interrupts. The ability to switch content styles will require you to carry out a series of steps, which we will highlight below. These steps are:
- Create an interrupt on your Signagelive network which uses a Keypress / Mouse Click to activate a new full screen playlist or layout schedule.
- Assign an Interrupt asset in your playlist schedule which uses an automated key press.
- Deploy both the playlist and interrupt to your signagelive player.
So what is an interrupt?
In terms of signagelive, an interrupt is a keyboard keypress or mouse click signal sent to a Player, which then switches the content being played on the screen. When an interrupt is triggered the current content is paused and the configured interrupt media asset, playlist or layout will begin playing. An interrupt can be set to either run for a specific duration of time or continue playing until another interrupt is called to cancel the content from display on your player.
How do I set up an Interrupt?
You can learn more about configuring Interrupts on your Network in this Help Centre Section.
When you have set up an interrupt on your signagelive network and deployed this to your relevant Signagelive Players then if you were to attach a keyboard to this player an press that relevant key then the interrupt would be called and your new schedule would play for the duration you have set. Obviously, that is fine if you have a keyboard attached and someone who is willing to press the key but you can make this an automated process with the use of your playlist schedules.
How can I find out more?
You can learn more about Playlists, Layouts and Interrupts in the Content Management Section of the Signagelive Help Centre. You can also speak to the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org