The Signagelive Calendar widgets require some configuration to be able to use them against your Google or Office 365 account. To access the configuration, you need to go to the Calendar Integration application, which is available from the application drop down within your Signagelive Network.
Once you're able to access the Calendar Integration, you'll be able to show a calendars items on one of the Signagelive calendar widgets, you need to follow these steps:
- Link a Google/Office 365 account.
- Create a room.
- Set up the calendar widget you want to use.
How do I link a Google/Office 365 account?
The following video guides you through the steps taken to link your Google or Office 365 account to Signagelive:
We recommend for best security that you set up accounts specifically for connecting to Signagelive and that only have access to the Calendars which are required to be used within Signagelive.
Create a room
Watch the following video to learn how to create a room with your authenticated calendar account:
Once you have created the room, Signagelive will synchronise calendar items for the next 90 days for the chosen calendar. Items will continue to be synchronised at a regular interval so that new, cancelled or edited items are synchronised correctly. We remove all items older than today from the Signagelive database.
When the room is saved an api Key is created so you can start using this room with the Signagelive calendar widgets. Copy this now, as we will need it in the next step.
You will be able to view the items synchronised with Signagelive, by viewing the details of the room at any time within the Calendar Integration application.
Setup a Calendar Widget
Watch this video to learn about the final stage of setting up your Calendar integration, adding and configuring the Calendar widget within a Playlist:
When published to your player/s, the widget itself calls out to the Signagelive Calendar API and will show the calendar items based on the preferences chosen.
Disconnecting an account
To disconnect a Google/Office365 account, this is done in the same place as when authorising an account. When clicking the “disconnect” button, any rooms which have been created using a calendar linked to the account will be deleted, along with any calendar items synchronised for those rooms.
Any calendar widgets using an API key for these rooms, will also no longer show any calendar items.
Calendar Widget Preferences
- API Key: The API Key which defines the room for which Meetings are shown.
- Maximum Number of Meetings to Show: The maximum number of meetings which will be shown in the list views of the widgets.
- Show Only Today’s Meetings: If there are less than the maximum number of meetings happening today, should meetings for following days be shown.
- Timeline Start Time: If the widget has a timeline, what is the earliest time to show a meeting on the timeline for.
- Timeline End Time: If the widget has a timeline, what is the latest time to show a meeting on the timeline for.
- Timeline Segment Duration: If the widget has a timeline, what duration segments should the timeline be split into.
How can I find out more?
More information about the content, apps and Widgets within the Marketplace are available in this Help Centre section. You can also speak with the Signagelive Support Team via Live Chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.